Wednesday, October 8, 2014

What is point of view and how does it effect a story?


What is point of view?

   
      Point of view is the perspective of someone else.  There are 3 types of POV. 1st person POV, 2nd person POV and 3rd person POV.  In 1st person POV the narrator is in the story and refers to himself/herself as 'I', 'We', 'My', and 'Me'.  2nd person POV isn't really that common. It is usually in cook books or some type of instructions. It usually uses the word 'You'.  In 3rd person the narrator is NOT part of the story and simply talks about the characters. The narrator usually uses the words 'them', 'her', 'It', and 'him'.



How does POV effect a story?


  Point of view effects a story because you can see it differently. You see it through the eyes of someone else. I really like 1st person POV stories because I feel like I can picture the story better. Like if I am in the story. Every story uses a different POV. Point of view makes the story more interesting. What type of POV do you like best for a story?



No comments:

Post a Comment