Friday, January 22, 2016

2nd Quarter Reflection




In what area do you think you made your biggest 
improvements in English Language Arts? 

     The area I think that I have improved on this quarter in ELA is vocabulary because I got better scores this quarter than last quarter. I think that I improved because in the 1st quarter I was not used to studying that much and having to memorize words and their definitions was really difficult. It still is but I've gotten better at focusing on the words and I repeat them over and over again. 




What has been the most challenging part of 2nd Quarter for you
and what did/can you do to help overcome this?

     The most challenging part of the 2nd quarter for me was getting all my homework done in time. Although I did turn my homework in on time, I struggled with this because I had sports started and I did not have enough time to do my homework after my games. What I did was to do my homework ahead of time, or finish everything in class so I did not have to do it at home. If I had a blog or AOW due at the end of the week, I would finish it on Tuesday afternoon so I wouldn't have to worry about it. 

How have your research skills improved?

     I think that my research skills have improved a lot since 1st quarter because in the 2nd quarter we did much more assignments that required research. A lot of those assignments were very difficult because I could not find the proper information so I had to learn some strategies to help me. One of the strategies I used was that if I couldn't find what I was looking for, then I would search something similar. Most of the time I would find something else and I would use it in my work, but other times I didn't find anything so I had to remove that question. I honestly struggle with research because I get frustrated when I cannot find any information, and most of the time I just give up. I know that's not the best thing to do, but I can't think of anything else to do. The next time I feel frustrated for not finding information, I will try looking for key words, or specific things, instead of broad topics. I think that if I do that instead, then I will find what I am looking for.



No comments:

Post a Comment